Monday 9 June 2008

Weezer Would "Love To Play Reading / Leeds Festivals"

Weezer have declared their wish to perform at the Reading and Leeds festivals this year, despite not being on the current line-up.


The band recently announced their return with this month's self-titled new album (also known as 'The Red Album') and speaking to BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat, bassist Scott Shriner says:


"I sure hope we can play Reading and Leeds, I personally would push for us to play there. I love doing those festivals, it's a blast and I feel like we could go on a lot of different stages there because there is such a good mix of music."


Shriner also admitted Weezer have already begun work on their next album, but it may be released in an unorthodox way:


"I really respect Radiohead and Trent Reznor for putting their own music on their own websites and releasing it on their terms. I think it's great that I can go to Nine Inch Nails' website and download the album for free."


"Our plan is to do the same where we can release our own music, sometime in the future."




See Also